I’m patrolling the 2013 Consumer Electronics Show this week, checking out some of the newest gear. What if I told you that you have a chance to win some HP’s hottest stuff…even if you can’t make it to Las Vegas for the annual Running of the Nerds?
All right, so here’s what’s going on: As you can imagine, HP has many cool new and recently unveiled products on display at CES in Vegas this week. If you’re here, you can find them at Intel’s booth, AMD’s tent, and other show locations.
If not, check them out right here on the blog. I mean I do write about all our products here on the blog (Or someplace else on the Internet. I won’t judge.) Then, take a few minutes and then enter our “I Spy” sweepstakes to enter to win.
It’s easy! Just follow these simple steps for your chance to win:
1. Find any eligible HP product (see below).
2. Tweet a photo* of an eligible product + @HP and #2013CES.
For example: “I spy the @HP Envy x2 at #2013CES! It’s one sexy machine. flic.kr/p/d/XXXXX”
3. Potentially win(!) eligible product.
Drawings will be held each night of CES, January 7-11!
Feeling Tweety? Also let us know what you thought of the product. We’d love to see your feedback and get your thoughts. Please only one tweet per product per person, per day.
(*Photos encouraged but not required for entry.)
Now, you ready for the world’s longest list of caveats ever posted on TheNextBench? We’ve got a metric ton of legalese for your perusal! (DISCLAIMER: This below text may – or may not – amount to a metric ton of printed documentation. That amount can vary depending upon font size and line spacing.) See complete rules and list of eligible products below:
HP #2013CES I SPY SWEEPSTAKES
THE FOLLOWING PROMOTION IS INTENDED FOR PLAY IN THE 50 UNITED STATES AND THE DISTRICT OF COLUMBIA ONLY AND SHALL BE CONSTRUED AND EVALUATED ACCORDING TO UNITED STATES LAW. DO NOT ENTER THIS PROMOTION IF YOU ARE NOT ELIGIBLE AND LOCATED IN ONE OF THE 50 UNITED STATES OR THE DISTRICT OF COLUMBIA AT THE TIME OF ENTRY.
1. ELIGIBILITY: NO PURCHASE OR PAYMENT OF ANY KIND IS NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN. A PURCHASE WILL NOT INCREASE YOUR CHANCES OF WINNING. The HP #2013CES I Spy Sweepstakes (“Promotion”) is open to legal residents of the 50 United States and the District of Columbia who are 18 years of age or older at the time of entry. Void where prohibited. Employees, officers and directors of the Hewlett-Packard Company (“Sponsor”), its subsidiaries and affiliated companies, advertising or production agencies, and Web masters/suppliers (and their respective IRS dependents, immediate family members [spouse, parent, child, sibling and their respective spouses] and individuals residing in their same household) are not eligible to participate or win. The Promotion is subject to applicable federal, state and local laws and regulations. Sponsor reserves the right, at any time, to verify eligibility requirements in any manner it deems appropriate. By participating, participants agree to these Official Rules, which are final and binding in all respects.
2. PROMOTION PERIOD: Promotion begins at 12:00:00 a.m. Pacific Standard Time (“PST”) on January 7, 2013 and ends at 11:59:59 p.m. PST on January 11, 2013 (“Promotion Period”). The Promotion Period is separated into five (5) daily entry periods (each a “Day”). A “Day” is defined as each twenty-four (24) hour time period beginning at 12:00:00 a.m. PST and ending at the following 11:59:59 p.m. PST. Sponsor’s computer is the official time clock for this Promotion.
3. TWO WAYS TO ENTER:
(a) At the 2013 International CES Show (the “Show”), during each Day of the Promotion Period, Sponsor invites participants to look for eligible products as defined below (each an “Eligible Product”) throughout the Show area, such as in the Intel Booth, AMD booth or elsewhere at show events. Next, participants are requested to tweet a message that includes the following elements, “@HP”, “Eligible Product name”, and “#2013CES” to receive one (1) entry (“Entry”) into the random drawing for that Day. If your Entry is selected as a winning entry (subject to verification), your prize will be the Eligible Product included in your Tweet. For example, if you wish to enter the daily random drawing for a chance to win a Spectre XT TouchSmart, you could tweet “I spy an @HP Spectre XT TouchSmart at #2013CES”. Product photos may accompany each tweet but are not required.
(b) Not at the Show: During each Day of the Promotion Period, Sponsor invites participants not at the Show to view the list of Eligible Products below and tweet a message that includes“@HP”, “Eligible Product name”, and “#2013CES” to receive one (1) entry (also an “Entry”) into the random drawing for that Day. If your Entry is selected as a winning entry (subject to verification), your prize will be the Eligible Product included in your Tweet. For example, if you wish to enter the daily random drawing for a chance to win an ENVY x2, you could tweet, “I want to spy an @HP ENVY x2 at #2013CES”. Product photos may accompany each tweet but are not required.
Your Entry must include an eligible product (set forth below), @HP and the #2013CES hashtag to be valid. Tweets will not be judged. Each Tweet must contain at least forty-nine (49) characters and no more than one hundred and forty (140) characters in length and must be in English. Valid Tweets must be received no later than 11:59:59 p.m. PST each Day of the Promotion Period to be eligible for the Daily Drawing. To sign up for a free Twitter account, follow the onscreen instructions to register for a free Twitter account at http://twitter.com. To become an HP follower on Twitter, visit http://www.twitter.com/HP and click the “Follow” button. Limit one (1) Entry per Eligible Product included in Tweet per Day per person or Twitter account, regardless of the method of entry.
Pavilion Sleekbook TouchSmart 15
Pavilion TouchSmart 15
Spectre XT TouchSmart
ENVY TouchSmart Ultrabook 4
Pavilion Sleekbook 14
Pavilion Sleekbook 15
HP ENVY 23 TouchSmart AiO
HP Envy 27-inch IPS monitor with Beats Audio
HP Pavilion IPS Monitors 20xi – 27xi
HP U160 15.6-inch LED Backlit Monitor (NPI)
HP L2401 x 24-inch LED Backlit Monitor
HP Pocket Playlist
HP Spectre One
HP ENVY 120 e-All-in-One Printer
HP Officejet Pro X Series
To become an HP follower on Twitter, visit http://www.twitter.com/HP (“Website”) and click the “Follow” button. Entries will be deemed made by the authorized account holder of the Twitter account from which the Entry is submitted at the time of entry. Potential winner may be requested to provide Sponsor with proof that the potential winner is the authorized account holder of the Twitter account associated with the winning Entry and/or an eligible entrant. All Entries submitted become the sole property of the Sponsor and will not be acknowledged or returned. Participants may not register/enter with multiple email addresses or Twitter accounts, nor may entrants use any other device or artifice to register/enter under multiple identities. Any participant who attempts to enter with multiple email addresses or Twitter accounts under multiple identities will be disqualified and forfeit any prize won, at Sponsor's discretion.
4. TWEET GUIDELINES: Tweet must contain the “@HP”, “#2013CES” and an Eligible Product name to be valid. Tweets must be original; may not have won previous awards; may not have been previously published; may not be obscene or indecent; cannot be sexually explicit or suggestive, profane or pornographic, violent or derogatory of any ethnic, racial, gender, religious, professional or age group; cannot promote alcohol, illegal drugs, tobacco, firearms/weapons (or the use of any of the foregoing), any activities that may appear unsafe or dangerous, or any political agenda or message; cannot be offensive, endorse any form of hate or hate group; cannot defame, misrepresent or contain disparaging remarks about Sponsor or its products or services, or other people, products or companies; cannot communicate messages or images inconsistent with the positive images and/or goodwill to which Sponsor wishes to associate; may not invade privacy or other rights of any person, firm or entity; may not in any other way violate any applicable federal, state or local laws or regulations or the Twitter.com Terms of Service; may not contain any reference to any third party trademarks, names or third party logos or any copyrighted components; and cannot contain any personal identification, such as license plate numbers, personal names, email addresses or street addresses. Tweets not in compliance with the Tweet Guidelines may be disqualified.
BY SUBMITTING A TWEET, ENTRANT ACKNOWLEDGES THAT HIS/HER TWEET MAY BE POSTED ON SPONSOR’S WEBSITE, AT SPONSOR’S DISCRETION. Submission of a Tweet grants Sponsor and its agents the right to publish, use, adapt, edit and/or modify such Tweet in any way, in any and all media, without limitation, and without consideration to the entrant.
TWEETS POSTED TO THE WEBSITE ARE NOT EDITED BY SPONSOR AND ARE THE VIEWS/OPINIONS OF THE INDIVIDUAL ENTRANT AND DO NOT REFLECT THE VIEWS OF SPONSOR IN ANY MANNER. Any waiver of any obligation hereunder by Sponsor does not constitute a general waiver of any obligation to entrants. By submitting a Tweet, you agree that your Tweet is gratuitous and made without restriction, and will not place Sponsor under any obligation that Sponsor is free to disclose or otherwise disclose the ideas contained in the Tweet on a non-confidential basis to anyone or otherwise use the ideas without any additional compensation to you. You acknowledge that, by acceptance of your Tweet, Sponsor does not waive any rights to use similar or related ideas previously known to Sponsor, or developed by its employees, or obtained from sources other than you.
5. RANDOM DRAWINGS: One (1) potential prize winner will be selected, for each Day of the Promotion Period, in a random drawing from among all eligible entries received for the applicable Day on or about the next business day following the Day. Entries will not carry forward to subsequent drawings. All drawings will be conducted by an independent judging organization, whose decisions shall be final in all matters relating to this Promotion.
6. PRIZES/ODDS: Prizes (5 total, 1 per Day): Each winner will receive one (1) of the following HP products. Product to be awarded will be determined by the Eligible Product contained within the selected winner's Entry.
Available Prizes, Approximate Retail Values (each an “ARV”):
Pavilion Sleekbook TouchSmart 15 (NPI), ARV: $649.99
Pavilion TouchSmart 15 (NPI), ARV: $479.99
ENVY x2, ARV: $849.99
Spectre XT TouchSmart, ARV: $1399.00
ENVY TouchSmart Ultrabook 4 *, ARV: $799.99
Pavilion Sleekbook 14 *, ARV: $479.99
Pavilion Sleekbook 15 *, ARV: $579.99
HP ENVY 23 TouchSmart AiO, ARV: $999.99
HP Envy 27-inch IPS monitor with Beats Audio (NPI), ARV: $499.00
HP Pavilion IPS Monitors 20xi – 27xi (NPI), ARV: $129.99-339.99
HP U160 15.6-inch LED Backlit Monitor (NPI), ARV: $179.00
HP L2401 x 24-inch LED Backlit Monitor (NPI), ARV: $249.00
HP Pocket Playlist, ARV: $129.00
EliteBook Folio, ARV: $1,049.00
ElitePad, ARV: $649.00
HP Spectre One, ARV: $1,299.99
HP ENVY 120 e-All-in-One Printer, ARV: $249.99
HP Officejet Pro X Series, ARV: $149.99
Total ARV of all prizes awarded ranges from $645.00 to $6,995.00 depending on the Eligible Product selected by winner. Odds of winning depend on the number of eligible entries received for a given drawing. The difference between any stated prize value and actual prize value will not be awarded. Prizes are non-transferable and no cash equivalent or substitution of prize is offered, except at the sole discretion of the Sponsor. Sponsor reserves the right to substitute a prize of equal or greater value at its sole discretion. Winner is responsible for all taxes and fees associated with prize receipt and/or use, regardless of whether prize is used in whole or in part. Unclaimed prizes will not be awarded. Taxes, if any, on prize are the sole responsibility of the winner. Winners will be issued an IRS 1099 form for the prize value of prizes over $600.00. Limit one (1) prize per person/household.
7. GENERAL CONDITIONS: As a condition of entering, participants (or their parent or legal guardian if an eligible minor) agree (and agree to confirm in writing) that Sponsor, administrator, each of their parent, subsidiaries and affiliated companies, advertising and Promotion agencies, and all of their respective officers, directors, employees, representatives and agents (the “Released Parties”) are released, will have no liability whatsoever for, and shall be indemnified and held harmless by participants against any liability for any injuries, losses or damages of any kind to person(s), including death, or property resulting in whole or in part, directly or indirectly, from acceptance, possession, misuse or use of the prize or participation in this Promotion or any Promotion-related activities. Except where legally prohibited, each winner grants (and agrees to confirm this grant in writing) permission to Sponsor and those acting under its authority the right to the use of his/her name, picture, likeness, voice, biographical information and statements, at any time or times, for advertising, trade, publicity and promotional purposes without additional compensation, in all media now known or hereafter discovered, worldwide and on the Internet and World Wide Web, without notice, review or approval.
8. WINNER NOTIFICATION: Potential winners will be notified by Twitter message or email within approximately seven (7) days of the applicable drawing date. Potential winners will need to respond to the Twitter message within fourteen (14) days or may forfeit the prize. Sponsor is not responsible for any change in participant's Twitter handle or email. Potential winners are subject to verification, including verification of age. Prize winners may be required to complete, sign and return an Affidavit of Eligibility, a Liability Release, and where lawful, a Publicity Release within seven (7) days of receipt of notification. Prize won by an eligible minor may be awarded to a parent or legal guardian who must sign and return all required documents. If documents are not timely returned, if no reply is received from the potential winner within the allotted time, if the prize notification or prize is returned as non-deliverable, or if a winner is found to be ineligible or otherwise not in compliance with these Official Rules, prize may be forfeited. Prizes will ship within 4-6 weeks of winner verification.
10. BINDING ARBITRATION: Any controversy or claim arising out of or relating to this Promotion shall be settled by binding arbitration in a location determined by the arbitrator as set forth herein (provided that such location is reasonably convenient for claimant), or at such other location as may be mutually agreed upon by the parties, in accordance with the procedural rules for commercial disputes set forth in the Comprehensive Arbitration Rules and Procedures of JAMS (“JAMS Rules and Procedures”) then prevailing, and judgment upon the award rendered by the arbitrator(s) may be entered in any court having jurisdiction thereof. The arbitrator shall be selected pursuant to the JAMS Rules and Procedures. The arbitrator shall apply California law consistent with the Federal Arbitration Act and applicable statutes of limitations, and shall honor claims of privilege recognized at law. In the event that the claimant is able to demonstrate that the costs of arbitration will be prohibitive as compared to the costs of litigation, Sponsor will pay as much of the claimant’s filing and hearing fees in connection with the arbitration as the arbitrator deems necessary to prevent the arbitration from being cost-prohibitive. If any part of this arbitration provision is deemed to be invalid, unenforceable or illegal (other than that claims will not be arbitrated on a class or representative basis), or otherwise conflicts with the rules and procedures established by JAMS, then the balance of this arbitration provision shall remain in effect and shall be construed in accordance with its terms as if the invalid, unenforceable, illegal or conflicting provision were not contained herein. If, however, the portion that is deemed invalid, unenforceable or illegal is that claims will not be arbitrated on a class or representative basis, then the entirety of this arbitration provision shall be null and void, and neither claimant nor Sponsor shall be entitled to arbitrate their dispute. Upon filing a demand for arbitration, all parties to such arbitration shall have the right of discovery, which discovery shall be completed within sixty days after the demand for arbitration is made, unless further extended by mutual agreement of the parties. THE ARBITRATION OF DISPUTES PURSUANT TO THIS PARAGRAPH SHALL BE IN THE ENTRANT’S INDIVIDUAL CAPACITY, AND NOT AS A PLAINTIFF OR CLASS MEMBER IN ANY PURPORTED CLASS OR REPRESENTATIVE PROCEEDING. THE ARBITRATOR MAY NOT CONSOLIDATE OR JOIN THE CLAIMS OF OTHER PERSONS OR PARTIES WHO MAY BE SIMILARLY SITUATED. DO NOT ENTER THIS PROMOTION IF YOU DO NOT AGREE TO HAVE ANY CLAIM OR CONTROVERSY ARBITRATED IN ACCORDANCE WITH THESE OFFICIAL RULES. BY PARTICIPATING IN SPONSOR’S PROMOTION, EACH ENTRANT AND PRIZE WINNER AGREES THAT TO THE EXTENT PERMITTED BY APPLICABLE LAW: (1) ANY AND ALL DISPUTES, CLAIMS AND CAUSES OF ACTION ARISING OUT OF OR CONNECTED WITH THE PROMOTION, OR ANY PRIZE AWARDED, WILL BE RESOLVED INDIVIDUALLY THROUGH BINDING ARBITRATION AS SET FORTH ABOVE, WITHOUT RESORT TO ANY FORM OF CLASS ACTION; (2) ANY AND ALL CLAIMS, JUDGMENTS AND AWARDS WILL BE LIMITED TO ACTUAL THIRD-PARTY, OUT-OF-POCKET COSTS INCURRED (IF ANY), BUT IN NO EVENT WILL ATTORNEYS' FEES BE AWARDED OR RECOVERABLE; (3) UNDER NO CIRCUMSTANCES WILL ANY ENTRANT OR PRIZE RECIPIENT BE PERMITTED TO OBTAIN ANY AWARD FOR, AND ENTRANT HEREBY KNOWINGLY AND EXPRESSLY WAIVES ALL RIGHTS TO SEEK, PUNITIVE, INCIDENTAL, CONSEQUENTIAL OR SPECIAL DAMAGES, LOST PROFITS AND/OR ANY OTHER DAMAGES, OTHER THAN ACTUAL OUT OF POCKET EXPENSES), AND/OR ANY RIGHTS TO HAVE DAMAGES MULTIPLIED OR OTHERWISE INCREASED; AND (4) ENTRANT AND PRIZE WINNER'S REMEDIES ARE LIMITED TO A CLAIM FOR MONEY DAMAGES (IF ANY) AND ENTRANT IRREVOCABLY WAIVES ANY RIGHT TO SEEK INJUNCTIVE OR EQUITABLE RELIEF. SOME JURISDICTIONS DO NOT ALLOW THE LIMITATIONS OR EXCLUSION OF LIABILITY, SO THE ABOVE MAY NOT APPLY TO EVERY ENTRANT.
11. GOVERNING LAW/JURISDICTION: By entering, entrants agree that all issues and questions concerning the construction, validity, interpretation and enforceability of these Official Rules, participant’s rights and obligations, or the rights and obligations of the Sponsor in connection with the Promotion, shall be governed by, and construed in accordance with, the laws of State of California, USA, without giving effect to any choice of law or conflict of law rules, and any matters or proceedings which are not subject to arbitration as set forth in these Official Rules and/or for entering any judgment on an arbitration award, shall take place in the State of California, in Santa Clara County, California. By entering, entrants consent to the jurisdiction and venue of the federal, state and local courts located in Santa Clara County, California, USA.
12. WINNER'S LIST: For the names of the winners, hand print your name and complete address on a 3” x 5” card and mail in a first-class stamped envelope to: HP #2013CES I Spy Sweepstakes Winner's List Request, P.O. Box 3000, Dept. 922-702, Young America, MN 55558-3000. Requests must be received by February 11, 2013.
13. SPONSOR: The Hewlett-Packard Company, 3000 Hanover Street, Palo Alto, CA 94304-1185.
Twitter is not a sponsor of or otherwise affiliated with this Promotion.
You must be a registered user to add a comment here. If you've already registered, please log in. If you haven't registered yet, please register and log in.