IWDCRInfo (205 Views)
Highlighted
N/A
Accepted Solution

IWDCRInfo

Hi all,

I was wondering if there is someone out there that can explain the mechanics of IWDCRInfo to me, or point me in the right direction...

My specific issue follows. Just a side note: Our setup involves using IWDCRInfo.getStatus() to see if a DCR with the same name currently exists.

A DCR named ipf_ipi used to exist, but has been deleted (and the deletion has been submitted to staging). However, anytime I try to recreate that file it fails, because IWDCRInfo.getStatus() still sees the file, even though it doesn't exist. This is what I would like to understand - how it sees the file when it doesn't exist. Any insight would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks,
Matt

TS 6.7.2 on RH Linux
N/A

Re: IWDCRInfo

Hi all,

I was wondering if there is someone out there that can explain the mechanics of IWDCRInfo to me, or point me in the right direction...

My specific issue follows. Just a side note: Our setup involves using IWDCRInfo.getStatus() to see if a DCR with the same name currently exists.

A DCR named ipf_ipi used to exist, but has been deleted (and the deletion has been submitted to staging). However, anytime I try to recreate that file it fails, because IWDCRInfo.getStatus() still sees the file, even though it doesn't exist. This is what I would like to understand - how it sees the file when it doesn't exist. Any insight would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks,
Matt

TS 6.7.2 on RH Linux
It *seems* that your status request is finding Store's so called "named hole".

Before DC Form opening FormsPublisher sets DCR Status through /iw-home/httpd/webapps/content_center/formspub/dcrfileinfo.jsp.
Take a look to see what IWOV developers are doing there. Long story short, there is IWDCRInfo.fileSize attribute. It has a
numeric Value (in bytes) for the existing DCR, 0 for the Deleted one and null for the brand new.

Upon receiving status IWDCRInfo.AVAILABLE you may want to check IWDCRInfo.fileSize as well. If it's 0, DCR has been deleted.
Needless to say, that's neither documented nor supported
N/A

Re: IWDCRInfo

Awesome. Thanks for that very clear explanation! I figured this question was going to sit unanswered for a long time - you made my week! Many thanks to you, ISCBorisB!!

On another note: I'm praying that Autonomy does a better job with their product documentation than Interwoven did.