Re: Set minimum size (2864 Views)
N/A
Accepted Solution

Set minimum size

Hi there! I am wondering if there is a way to set a minium size side using the image size task?

For instance we have been given a spec that we need to have a minimum size of 1500px on one side (either length or width). SO it can be 1500px x 1500px  or 1700px x 1500px but the smaller size can't be any smaller then 1500. Makes sense? Is there anyway to do set this in the task builder?

Also - I am not a true developer and a total noob at this kind of thing. I am just trying to figure it out so if you could use the remedial approach on this I would greatly appreciate it.

Thanks in advance.

N/A

Re: Set minimum size

You can use the Image Size tranformer and specify the 1500px value for either the width or the height.  I'm not sure you can have it automatically pick which dimension should be 1500.   You could create 2 tasks, one for 1500px width and the other 1500px height.  Then choose one or the other based on the asset you are retrieving.

N/A

Hi Todd!

Thanks so much for the response. Makes total sense. Thanks for the suggestion!

Highlighted
N/A

tposton wrote:

...  I'm not sure you can have it automatically pick which dimension should be 1500 ...

This can be done with one task and MB will automatically handle the smaller size dimension.

The "Fit to Box (small dimension)" option should be used. Fill in the width and height specs (1500 W x 1500 H) which will ensure the smallest size dimensions will always be to the spec size minimum. The option "Constrain Proportions" should also be selected.

Example:

The source image is 5000px by 3333px. After converting the image the size will be 2250 x 1500. Notice the smaller size is at the minimum spec and the larger size is greater than the minimum spec (1500) thus maintaining the smallest dimension.

Follow Me on Twitter: @DAMSguy
LinkedIn: https://www.linkedin.com/in/damsguy
N/A

WOW!! That is awesome and JUST what I was looking for :-)

Thank you so much!

N/A

debsabourin13 wrote:

WOW!! That is awesome and JUST what I was looking for :-)

Thank you so much!

Great!

A request: If your question is solved, hit solved. If you like the solution, like it. This helps people searching for solutions Smiley Happy

Follow Me on Twitter: @DAMSguy
LinkedIn: https://www.linkedin.com/in/damsguy
N/A

Absolutely. Thanks again.