Highlighted
N/A

Replace printhead with banding issue

How do I know in HP 3000, if one of C/K printheads is damaged and cause banding, which one should I replace?
Is any test file I can print and tell which one is the problem?
Thank you
Sowada
Administrator

Re: Replace printhead with banding issue

Hello @Sowada

In order to check the status of the printheads you need to print the "Nozzle Health" plot:

1) in the "HP Internal Print Server" software, select "Printer >> Printhead Cleaning >> Verify Printhead Status" . Here you press the Print" button.

2) You print the "Nozzle Health" plot. You will have two rows of plot areas. In the row below, you will have a column corresponding to each color used by the printer (K, C, M, Y, LC, LM).

3)The first two columns of the row from below(colors K,C) correspond to printheads K-C. If there are a lot nozzles missing in Pen2 (D1...D6)(upper side of the first two columns), then the affected printhead is the upper K-C printhead (the first K-C printhead).If there are a lot nozzles missing in Pen3 (D1...D6)(lower side of the first two columns), then the affected printhead is the lower K-C printhead (second K-C printhead).

I hope this information helps

N/A

Re: Replace printhead with banding issue

Thank you so much, I will try it.
Remember

To make recommendations or participate please click Register or Sign In and post a message.