We have problems printing DSDNs on the latex 3500, especially when printing the back side (side-B).
Printers sometimes can not detect an existing fiducial line. Whereas previously there was no problem.
What happens now is if I have 2 DSDN jobs with the same materials, settings and print times, it is very possible that the printer can only print side-B for 1 job only, other jobs can not because the printer can not detect the fiducial line. In fact often also happens the printer can not print the back side at all.
Local distributor technicians have not gotten overcome for this problem. Our problem has gone up to HP APJ level, but has not got any answer at all.
Is there a possibility of a bug issue in the firmware?
Before to star guessing about you issue, it will be nice to know some questions:
- What is media type he is using?
- What is the media width?
- How big is the image?
- What is the media profile?
- What is the number of passes and ink density
- It configure full job from beginning or side B is configure once side A is printed?
- How big is the initial skew when is load side B.
- They had any modification last weeks? FW, IPS, some intervention, new operator?
Besides I suugest you to read these articled related to your issue: