Highlighted
HFP
N/A

Ultraflex 12oz DSS Blockout

Hello everyone,

I was wondering if anyone had luck running the Ultraflex 12oz DSS Blockout on long runs? My profile tests come out good but once you get into production mode, it fails after 200" with wave and strike.

I have it set with the following specs

PVC Banner

105 Degree C (221 F)

8 pass

90% Saturation

Optimizer Level 12

Vacum Printing 50

Advance Factor 0

300-500 interpass delay (depending on the coverage)

Airflow 175

Tension 15

OMAS enabled

any help would be appreciated.

Administrator

Re: Ultraflex 12oz DSS Blockout

Hello @HFP

We have never test this media. We can only validate the perfomace of the medias that have been HP Certified. I invite you to check the list on the Media Solution Locator, where you can filter by printer and type of substrate.

I hope this information helps

HFP
N/A

@HP-Sonia I did try that. But the only available option is for LX260, and I got LX365. I don't mind copying those values and see how it goes, but one problem is that in LX260 you have value for "heat airflow" as 45% which doesn't exist. The most common option on the LX360 is "printing airflow pressure" that goes from 175 to 200. 

Administrator

[ Edited ]

TIP!

Better to look at the UltraBlockout Banner Pro 15oz settings for the 300, although it's heavier 15oz vs. 12oz, It can be a good option. Not all the settings will work perfect, but:

blockout.png

If at 8 passes, 90% ink and 100º curing still have deformations, lower the % of optimizer.  ... or try to print at 10 passes and lower the curing a little more.

This is not the perfect solution but let’s see if this works for you!

Remember

To make recommendations or participate please click Register or Sign In and post a message.