Highlighted
N/A
Accepted Solution

Grey Frustration on 360

I have struggled with this for 8 straight hours now. I am having difficulty getting colour consistency on a set of posters. They all contain a solid grey background (50% K) which was created in Adobe Illustrator, saved as PDF, and printed via Flexi Rip. Today, I started from scratch with the paper. Created a brand new profile, colour calibrated, created an ICC for it. Then I ran two posters (2-across). Cut them, and IMMEDIATELY ran two more. The colour was different! I am at a complete loss as to why this is happening. Wasted too much media and ink at this point to continue and will have to tell the customer I cannot produce their job! I am attaching an image of the difference in colour form the runs printed back to back with nothing changed in settings! Any help would save me from going postal! LOLIMG_0729.jpgIMG_0730.jpg

KKP Calgary
Signs, Print & More
Calgary, AB
www.kkp.me
facebook.com/kkpdigital
N/A

Re: Grey Frustration on 360

Just as an add on. Media is 10mil. Endura Luster. Printing 12 pass, 80% coverage, 600 x 600dpi. Curing temp 205F. It doesn't show in the pictures so much, but the secondary colour on these posters is a bright red.

KKP Calgary
Signs, Print & More
Calgary, AB
www.kkp.me
facebook.com/kkpdigital
N/A

Wow, over 50 views and no answers or opinions. Either this is a very tough issue, or there are no helpful members out there. I hope it's a tough issue LOL! :-) 

KKP Calgary
Signs, Print & More
Calgary, AB
www.kkp.me
facebook.com/kkpdigital
N/A

Possible solution... we'll see. I have created a NEW profile for the paper. Went from 12-pass to 10-pass (althought that shouldn't cause colour shift). One major difference is the new profile is built with CMYK only (as opposed to CMYKcm). Printed poster #1 of 3, 6 copies with no colour shift so far. Running poster #2 as I type this. Let's see how it goes. I will follow-up. If this works, I hope it can be of some help to anyone reading this who may have similar issues!

KKP Calgary
Signs, Print & More
Calgary, AB
www.kkp.me
facebook.com/kkpdigital
N/A

Problem solved. Thanks for all the feedback! Creating a new profile with only CMYK ink firing seemed to fix the problem. Smiley Very Happy

KKP Calgary
Signs, Print & More
Calgary, AB
www.kkp.me
facebook.com/kkpdigital
Administrator

Hello @KKPCalgary

I am happy that you have solved the issue by creating a new profile.

Sorry we were not able to give you the appropite feedback on time.

Please keep using the Forum and do not stop giving us feedback is the only way to improve,

N/A

Thanks Sonia,

I will definitely continue using the Forum now that I know it exists and people really do use it LOL! 

KKP Calgary
Signs, Print & More
Calgary, AB
www.kkp.me
facebook.com/kkpdigital
Remember

To make recommendations or participate please click Register or Sign In and post a message.