Highlighted
N/A

advanced calibration chart

Hi All,

I would like to see my 110 machine to be more precise in Print length when i print out graphics. With no adjustment - my prints that need to be 96” measure out at 95.25”.  I have compensated for this in my onyx rip but would like to calibrate the machine.  

I know how to print the advanced calibration chart - the chart with the numbers -10 to 10. I print the chart and come to the conclusion the lightest column is 6.  

My questions are:

1. So if I printed this chart on HP gloss SAV do i need to enter 6 in the advance factor under each print mode? ( i have 3 print modes under HP gloss - 8pass, 10pass and 12pass)

2. And what print setting does the machine use to print the chart in the first place?

I was talking to an HP tech and he wasn’t too sure about hers questions.

thanksIMG_3095.jpg

Administrator

Re: advanced calibration chart

Hello @hazzmatte

Regarding the first question (if I printed this chart on HP gloss SAV do i need to enter 6 in the advance factor under each print mode?) the correct way to do it is clone the media and rename it, then edit and set up the advance factor from advanced settings, every single print mode should be configured with this advance factor previously selected from pattern printed.

Regarding the second question, (what print setting does the machine use to print the chart in the first place?) this is an internal plot calibration, so we use a printer diagnostic print mode pre-defined by the printer based on media loaded family selection.

This advance calibration will be very important for length accuracy purposes due to this printer (L110) don't have OMAS as this is a basic unit, so the only way to calibrate the proper advance is to do it on this way and compensate from RIP, if issue persist after follow these recommendations you should call his support team for further assistance.

N/A

This is what i did to try and change the advance factor:

substrate library>Self-adhesive viynl>HP permenate gloss self adhesive vinyl>clone

I renamed the to "test" then hit OK. 

I back out of HP permenate gloss self adhesive vinyl profile then

selected the new profile "test">modify>(print mode)>advanced settings>changed advanced factor to 10.

This edit to advance factor did not stick. It went back to zero before I backed out of advanced settings.  All i had to do to see is scroll down then scroll back up to see the settign again and it was back to zero.

thoughts?

Administrator

Hello @hazzmatte

You need to save using the proper flow, which is pushing "CONTINUE" and "FINISH" till it's saved. Please let me know if by doing so you solve the issue.

N/A

Yes I did save the paper flow. Hit continue and finished.
Remember

To make recommendations or participate please click Register or Sign In and post a message.